About the Parish Council
The Parish Council was formed in 1934 when the population of the Parish exceeded 300 residents.
We have an establishment of seven parish councillors. Parish Councillors do not represent individual areas but rather the Parish as a whole. The Parish Council does encourage members to represent all sections and age groups of the Parish.
About the Parish
The Parish consists of approximately 1,786 acres, mainly arable with a population of circa 805 in 390 households.
The number of properties in the parish increased substantially in the mid 1960s and 1970s increasing the number of properties from circa 120. The Lawns, Conery Lane and Conery Gardens coupled with the development in the west of the parish on Dark Lane, Beverleys Avenue, Cottage Avenue and Smite Close added significantly to the housing stock and population. Smaller developments at Griffins End (on the site of the defunct public house) and Whipling Close were added in the 1990s. A number of ‘barn conversions’ at former farm houses has also helped to increase the overall housing stock.
Much of the former grassland (used for grazing by both sheep and cattle) has now been converted to arable, whilst that grassland not suitable for arable farming is now used principally for equestrian purposes.
There is a network of Public Rights of Way throughout the Parish
Whatton-in-the-Vale is an English village in the Nottinghamshire borough of Rushcliffe.
It lies in the Vale of Belvoir, with the River Smite to the west and the River Whipling to the east, mainly north of the trunk A52 road, 12 miles east of Nottingham.
Whatton-in-the-Vale had a population of 843 at the 2011 census.